What do you think of when you hear the word “exotic”? Probably something exciting, alluring and luxurious. When it comes to exotic hardwood flooring in Vaughan & Toronto, those words definitely apply. Millions of homeowners across North America choose exotic wood species like Brazilian Cherry and Santos Mahogany for their homes, and it’s easy to see why.
Exotic hardwood floors have all the integrity of domestic species like Hard Maple and Oak flooring, but they bring a level of elegance that is unmatched. At M2 Flooring and Design Centre, we offer a range of options in exotic solid hardwood flooring. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba) – Famed for its rich burgundy color, this wood species has become the favourite of owners of luxury homes in recent years. It is also one of the hardest woods available, measuring at 2350 on the Janka Hardness Scale. And talk about exotic; it comes from Brazil’s Amazon region and therefore this hardwood flooring will require a warm and relatively moist environment all year long.
- Santos Mahogany – Native to southern Mexico and Central America, this gorgeous wood comes in colours ranging from light golden brown to dark, purplish red to burgundy and matures to a dark golden brown as it matures. It is also a hard wood, measuring at 2200 on the Janka Hardness Scale.
- American Walnut – Native to North America but still “exotic” due to its rarity and luxurious aesthetic. This wood has moderate hardness (1010 on the Janka Hardness Scale) and usually comes in a blend of cream and brown colours. Because there is a strong variation between the sapwood and heartwood, different boards can have vastly different colors and grains, making the floor stand out.
- American Cherry – This wood has a tight, even grain and fine texture. It comes primarily in a pale shade of yellow, but gold and red highlights appear as the wood matures. One downside is that being a soft hardwood (995 on the Janka Hardness Scale) it is easier to dent and scratch with normal wear and tear. A matte finish can help conceal some of the deficiencies of the wood over time.
- Tigerwood – This type of exotic hardwood flooring lives up to its name. Coming in a blend of golds, tans and dark browns and high variance in grains, the beauty of this wood species is unmistakable. Tigerwood comes from trees native to West Africa and measures at 1850 on the Janka Hardness Scale.
If exotic hardwood flooring sounds like a good fit for your Vaughan or Toronto home, we at M2 Flooring and Design Centre are just the company for you. We’ve built a reputation around the Toronto area as an excellent flooring company, designing and installing top-notch hardwood floors for the past decade. Our installation teams are fully-licensed and all of our work comes with a warranty. Call us today at 905-669-8255!
About M2 Flooring & Design Center
At M2 Flooring & Design Center, we are providers of a wide variety of hardwood flooring products from Solid hardwood flooring, to all types of laminate floors, unfinished flooring, exotic hardwood flooing, solid hardwood stairs, maple flooring, and engineered floors and all kinds of carpets in Vaughan & Toronto. We are one of the premiere hardwood flooring stores in Toronto. Visit us on Google+