More and more homeowners are opting for solid hardwood floors to enhance the beauty and functionality of their homes. While top-quality hardwoods aren’t cheap, they offer fantastic aesthetics and increase the home’s value, often paying for themselves over time.
At M2 Flooring and Design Centre in Toronto, Ontario, we offer plenty of popular hardwood options, ranging from domestic oak flooring to exotic hardwoods like Tigerwood and Santos Mahogany. One wood that never goes out of style, however, is maple. Maple flooring remains a mainstay, and here are just a few of the many reasons why:
- Fantastic Durability – Although there are different types of Maple flooring in the market, the best manufacturers of solid hardwood flooring will only use Hard Maple or Sugar Maple for their solid flooring. This wood, measuring 1450 on the Janka Hardness Scale, is harder than red oak flooring and requires minimal maintenance with the Canadian climate.
- Elegance – The main factor that attracts homeowners to Maple is the way that it looks. Unlike red oak flooring which will present a dominant grain, Hard Maple will present as a uniformly stained floor with minimal grain. In fact the only time you will see grain on a Maple flooring is when it is in it’s natural state. As soon as it is stained, the grain will be almost completely hidden. This allows for the classic and timeless look of Maple flooring and it is most sought after by the consumers who consider oak flooring to be too busy.
- Versatility – Due to the fact that natural maple flooring is a blonde wood, and does not have a red undertone that red oak does, it is a great canvas for most stains. Hard maple flooring will not take stain the same way that red oak flooring does, therefore staining Maple is more like painting than it is staining. Also the final product has a lighter and more even look than the same stain on the red oak flooring. And since Maple will not warm up the stain that is applied upon it, it is the best choice for truly grey or light coloured flooring.
Special features available to Maple flooring designed and installed by M2 Flooring and Design:
- Available in 20 Stains – As stated above, Maple is tremendously versatile. At M2 we carry 20 different stains, from lighter shades to dark browns and rich reds. Whatever your vision, our designers will make it happen.
- Unfinished or Pre-Finished – Many homeowners like the convenience of a pre-finished floor, while others like to oversee the process themselves. All of our floors are available finished at the factory or unfinished, so the choice is yours.
If you’re looking to install Maple flooring in your Toronto home, look no further than M2 Flooring and Design Centre! We’ve built a stellar reputation as a leading hardwood flooring store in Toronto for both designing and installing top-notch floors.
Our expert buyers source only the best materials, our installation crews are licensed and insured and we customize the process to meet the customer’s exact needs. We’re confident that you’ll be happy with your new Maple floor. So confident, in fact, that we offer a warranty on all of our work! Call today at 905-669-8255, we’re certain to have a solution for you!
About M2 Flooring & Design Center
At M2 Flooring & Design Center, we are providers of a wide variety of hardwood flooring products from Solid hardwood flooring, to all types of laminate floors, unfinished flooring, exotic hardwood flooing, solid hardwood stairs, oak flooring, maple flooring, and engineered floors and all kinds of carpets in Toronto. We are one of the premiere hardwood flooring stores in Toronto. Visit us on Google+